Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Audrey's B~Day Cake






Audrey kept telling people she was getting a "pluto" cake for her birthday party;) I got this idea from a Family Fun magazine. I was worried about getting the shape right because I had never cut cake before. But it was all surprisingly easy. I did have to angle the legs a bit because my tray wasn't quite wide enough to place them like it was shown in the example. We, of course, had to go with strawberry (pink) cake and I tinted both the vanilla icing and pink coconut "fur". Frosting the cake was time consuming as I had to dirty ice and and then re~ice the entire thing. I was trying to be really careful not to smear frosting all over the serving tray, too. I used pink and orange gumballs for the poodle's pearl necklace collar, fruit roll~ups for the eyelashes and mouth, and a malted milk ball for nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment